12 meses, 12 ilustraciones literarias

Calendario de ilustraciones para cada mes del año, los artistas estuvieron inspirados en libros, pasajes, capítulos, personajes o frases de alguna historia o poema mientras estuviera relacionado con el mes de su elección.
Enero-Francis 
"In his work, Cat's Cradle, Vonnegut proposes the idea of ice-ix. Ice-ix crystalizes differently than normal ice, and so it freezes liquid water at 114 degrees fahrenheit. In theory, it would solidify our oceans and bring the water cycle to a halt. Although the conditions under which it appears are so extreme that it is of no threat to us, such a crystal does in fact exist."


Find Francis at: callmefrancis.com

February: Jessie


March: Elizabeth - contributor
"Title: Daffodils. An illustration for William Wordworth's poem "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud"


Contact Elizabeth at: liz.allen@ymail.com 

April: Tati
"April is National Poetry Month, so I picked my favourite poem, "The Tyger" by William Blake. William Blake was also an artist, so the composition is a tribute to one of my favourite pieces of his, "The Ancient of Days." I felt it fit the mood of the poem."



May: Cleonique - contributor
"The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern



June: Arielle
"My month is June, and so I illustrated Bilbo's house in the shire. Both the month and the location remind me of abundant life, fair weather, and a a growing sense of adventure for the upcoming months"



July: Sayada - contributor
"This July, dive into a good book! It's a great way to enjoy summer."


Find Sayada at: 
Coroflot Portfolio / Tumblr 

August: Carly
"Watson's trying to brighten Holmes' black mood with some August sunshine! I tried to homage all my favorite versions of Sherlock Holmes. Including the Wallpaper and Skull from Sherlock (BBC), Watson and the chemistry set are straight from Grenada/Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes TV show, Queen Victoria's portrait is a reference to an obscure comedy skit called Holmes's Mood Swings from the Peter Serafinowicz Show (This is hilarious, go watch it), the bullet holes in the wall from the Robert Downey Jr. Movies, the infamous deer stalker, magnifying glass, and pipe from some of the original portrayals of Holmes, and of course as much as I could find in the stories. I feel like I've made a Where's Waldo and I should be giving a list of things to find!"



September: Karen
"I grew up with books and animated shorts about Beatrix Potter's fabulous animal characters, and thought of Peter Rabbit for this project since he first appeared in a letter written in September 1893. His friend there, Velvetine Rabbit...is also a rabbit. There stands my reasoning. Mr. McGregor's garden seemed like a good place for their paths to cross."



October: Julia
"The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"



November: Jackie
"A scene from Sabriel, by Garth Nix, one of my favorite fantasy books"



December: Jennifer - contributor
"Winter Is Coming" 


Find Jennifer at: jenniferely.com / artminded.com

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario